Reports to: Plant Manager
Job Summary: The Warehouse Supervisor manages the operation of a storeroom and all facets including ordering, receiving, processing, recording and distributing supplies, materials, preparing and maintaining detailed records and files. The Warehouse Manager also oversees warehouse staff.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Controls inventory levels by conducting cycle and physical counts, reconciling with Director of Supply Chain and CFO
- Checks documents for thoroughness and completeness and prepares additional documentation when necessary
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Oversees the receipt and dispersal of materials entering or leaving the warehouse; helps warehouse staff with this task when required
- Initiates all requests for replenishment of stock shortages and weekly buyer’s reports
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains warehouse staff by assisting with recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and/or reviewing professional publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
- Perform related tasks as required
- Follow all safe work practices, policies and procedures
- Participate in management meetings, safety walks, etc.
Prerequisites: The Warehouse Supervisor must have thorough work experience in each aspect of warehouse operations. The Warehouse Manager must also have a basic understanding of all aspects of the company’s operations, and an advanced ability to understand the paperwork flow and computer aspects as they relate to company’s business processes and customer service. The Warehouse Manager must be able to work with employees, managers, suppliers, and customers in a consistently friendly way and be able to confront a wide array of business problems and take action to solve them in a professional satisfactory way.
Qualifications: education in supply chain, warehouse management or 5 years work experience.
- Experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience in facility management
- Experience in forklift driving
- Experience in managing staff
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Information management
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of equipment safety standards
- Goal driven
- Stress tolerance
Tecvalco, is committed to providing accommodations to any persons with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation during the application and recruitment process. Please inform the Human Resources department for accommodation needs. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All people on premises are to wear a face mask, have their temperature taken and common areas are disinfected daily.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- supervising: 5 years (Preferred)
- warehouse: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location